Born in Florida, Dr. Sengupta grew up in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and attended Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, majoring in Neuroscience and graduating with honors before moving on to the Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, CT, where he earned his MD. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, receiving several awards there for clinical distinction and received fellowship training in interventional pain management at the Spinal & Skeletal Pain Institute of Utica, NY. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and holds licenses to practice medicine in New York and Massachusetts.
Dr. Sengupta is committed to delivering personalized care in a safe, comfortable and convenient setting for all of his patients. He is an active member of the Medical Society of the County of Kings (MSCK), and has written multiple book chapters and abstracts in the fields of internal medicine and pain management. In his spare time he enjoys reading, playing the guitar, and spending time with his family.
1) Sengupta V, Qian S, Haider N. Pain Relieving Mechanisms of Neuromodulation. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
2) Qian S, Sengupta V, Haider N. Lumbar Sympathetic Block. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
3) Haider N, Gates C, Sengupta V, Qian S. Cybersecurity of Medical Devices: Past, Present, and Future. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
4) Qian S, Sengupta, V, Francis J. Degenerative Spine Joint Disease. Spine Pain Care: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide (ed. Jianren Mao) (2019)
5) Qian S, Sengupta, V, Bremer N. Gasserian Ganglion Block. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
1) Sengupta V, Qian, Urbiztondo N. Wireless peripheral nerve stimulation for compressive neuropathy of the lower extremity. [abstract and poster] International Neuromodulation Society. (2018)
2) Sengupta V, Haider N, Qian S. Spinal Cord Stimulator Lead Fractures Sustained by DRG Stimulator Trial. [abstract and poster]. North American Neuromodulation Society. (2017)