Born in Florida, Dr. Sengupta grew up in Bloomfield Hills, MI. He attended Cornell University, majoring in Neuroscience before moving on to the Yale School of Medicine where he earned his MD. He is fellowship trained in interventional pain management and board certified in internal medicine. His clinical areas of focus are regenerative medicine and neuromodulation. Dr. Sengupta is an experienced specialist in site-of-care optimization and the implementation of medical services. He has conducted groundbreaking, first-in-human clinical research using stem cell derived biologics to treat COVID-19 related ARDS and cytokine storm, as well as the use of implantable neurostimulation devices for the treatment of pain and is currently the primary investigator on several national multi-center clinical trials. He has served on faculty at Harvard and NYU.
Dr. Sengupta is committed to delivering personalized care in a safe, comfortable and convenient setting for all of his patients.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles:
1) Sengupta V, Sengupta S, Lazo A, Woods P, Nolan A, Bremer N. Exosomes Derived from Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Treatment for Severe COVID-19. Stem Cells Dev. 2020 Jun 15;29(12):747-754.*
2) Sengupta V, Sengupta S, Lazo A Jr, Hicok KC, Moseley T. Response to Lim et al. re: “Exosomes Derived from Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Treatment for Severe COVID-19”. Stem Cells Dev. 2020 Jul;29(14):879-881.
*#1 most downloaded article for Stem Cells and Development in 2020 with > 90 citations to date.
1) Sengupta V, Qian S, Haider N. Pain Relieving Mechanisms of Neuromodulation. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
2) Qian S, Sengupta V, Haider N. Lumbar Sympathetic Block. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
3) Haider N, Gates C, Sengupta V, Qian S. Cybersecurity of Medical Devices: Past, Present, and Future. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
4) Qian S, Sengupta, V, Francis J. Degenerative Spine Joint Disease. Spine Pain Care: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide (ed. Jianren Mao) (2019)
5) Qian S, Sengupta, V, Bremer N. Gasserian Ganglion Block. Deer’s Treatment of Pain: An Illustrated Guide. (2019)
1) Sengupta V, Qian, Urbiztondo N. Wireless peripheral nerve stimulation for compressive neuropathy of the lower extremity. [abstract and poster] International Neuromodulation Society. (2018)
2) Sengupta V, Haider N, Qian S. Spinal Cord Stimulator Lead Fractures Sustained by DRG Stimulator Trial. [abstract and poster]. North American Neuromodulation Society. (2017)