PROLIA (also known as Denosumab)
Prolia is an antibody that inhibits RANK-Ligand, which leads to the protection of bone mass from degradation.
- Treatment for Postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture
- Treatment to increase bone mass in men at high risk for fracture
- Prophylaxis for patients receiving androgen deprivation therapy for nonmetastatic prostate cancer
- Treatment to increase bone mass in women at high risk for fracture
- Treatment to increase bone mass in women at high risk for fracture receiving adjuvant aromatase inhibitor therapy for breast cancer.
Patients with hypocalcemia, especially with concurrent renal impairment, should consult their physicians and have their calcium levels corrected before initiating Prolia.
Prolia is typically administered as a subcutaneous injection by a healthcare professional every 6 months.