SOLUMEDROL (also known as Methylprednisolone)
Solumedrol is a corticosteroid medication which reduces inflammation.
- Rheumatoid disorders such as acute gouty arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Allergic states such as intractable allergic asthma, seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Gastrointestinal diseases such as Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Hematologic disorders such as idiopathic thrombocytopenia purport
- Neurologic disorders such as acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis
- Respiratory disorders such as symptomatic sarcoidosis
Patients with active infection, history of heart failure, renal dysfunction and endocrine disorders should consult their physician prior to starting Solumedrol.
Solumedrol is typically administered as IV infusion and used as a short-term solution for acute episodes of inflammatory states.